sbi recruitment : Are you ready to embark on a dynamic and rewarding career in banking? The State Bank of India (SBI) has opened its doors once again for aspiring candidates with the SBI PO Recruitment 2023 notification. Known as one of India's most prestigious banking positions, the SBI Probationary Officer (PO) role offers a gateway to a promising future in the world of finance. In this article, we will provide you with insights into the SBI PO recruitment process, eligibility criteria, and the key benefits of joining this esteemed institution.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Overview:
* Position: Probationary Officer (PO)
* Vacancies: 2000
* Application Start Date: 07-09-2023
* Application End Date: 27-09-2023
* Preliminary Examination Date: November 2023
* Main Examination Date: December / January 2024
On-line registration including Editing/ Modification of Application by candidates 07.09.2023 to 27.09.2023
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.12.2023. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.12.2023. Candidates possessing qualifications such as Medical, Engineering, Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant etc. would also be eligible.
* Educational Qualification: A graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
* Age Limit: Candidates must be between 21 and 30 years of age as of the notification date.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Recruitment process:
The SBI PO recruitment process consists of three stages:
1. Preliminary Examination: This phase includes objective-type questions on English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability.
2. Main Examination: It comprises objective and descriptive tests covering topics like data analysis and interpretation, reasoning and computer aptitude, English language, and letter writing & essay.
3. Interview: Candidates who clear the main examination are invited for a group discussion and interview.
The selection for Probationary Officers will be done through a three-Phase process: Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online. The test will have of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|Name of test
|No. of Questions
Total Maximum Marks 100
|Selection criteria for Main Examination: Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Examination. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering 10 times (approx.) the numbers of vacancies in each category will be short listed for Main Examination from the top of above merit list.
|Phase-II: Main Examination:
|Main Examination will be conducted online and will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. The Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after conclusion of the Objective Test and candidates will have to type their Descriptive Test answers on the computer.
|(i) Objective Test: The duration of objective test is 3 hours, and it consists of 4 Sections of total 200 marks. There will be separate timing for every section.
|Name of the test
|No. of Qs.
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
|Data Analysis & Interpretation
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
|(ii) Descriptive Paper
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both - Preliminary & Main Examination):
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Why Join SBI as a Probationary Officer?
1. Prestigious Career: SBI is the largest bank in India and among the top 50 banks in the world. Joining as a PO provides a prestigious start to your banking career.
2. Growth Opportunities: SBI offers excellent growth opportunities, with the chance to rise through the ranks and take on leadership roles.
3. Job Security: Working for a government-owned bank like SBI provides job stability and security.
4. Attractive Salary and Benefits: SBI offers a competitive salary and a range of benefits, including medical coverage, provident fund, and more.
5. Learning and Development: SBI invests in the training and development of its employees, ensuring that you have access to the skills and knowledge necessary for success.
SBI PO Recruitment How to Apply:
1. Visit the official SBI website.
2. Find the SBI PO Recruitment 2023 notification.
3. Register and fill out the application form.
4. Pay the application fee.
5. Submit the application and keep a copy for future reference.
sbi recruitment Conclusion:
The SBI PO role is not just a job; it's a prestigious career opportunity that can shape your future in the world of banking. If you meet the eligibility criteria and aspire to work for India's largest bank, keep an eye out for the official notification and start preparing for the recruitment process. Join SBI as a Probationary Officer and open the doors to a successful and fulfilling banking career. Good luck!
Q1. What is SBI PO Recruitment?
A1. SBI PO Recruitment is a recruitment drive conducted by the State Bank of India (SBI) to select eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officer (PO).
Q2. What is the eligibility criteria for SBI PO Recruitment?
A2. To be eligible for SBI PO Recruitment, the candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must also be between 21-30 years of age.
Q3. How is the selection process for SBI PO Recruitment?
A3. The selection process for SBI PO Recruitment consists of three phases- Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercises & Interview.
Q4. What is the syllabus for SBI PO Recruitment?
A4. The syllabus for SBI PO Recruitment consists of topics from Reasoning Ability, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
Q5. What is the exam pattern for SBI PO Recruitment?
A5. The exam pattern for SBI PO Recruitment consists of Objective Type Questions in the Preliminary and Main Examination. The Group Exercises & Interview is a subjective assessment.
Q6. How many attempts are allowed for SBI PO Recruitment?
A6. The number of attempts allowed for SBI PO Recruitment varies according to the category of the candidate. For General Category candidates, the number of attempts is 4, while for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category candidates, the number of attempts is 7.
Q7. What is the application fee for SBI PO Recruitment?
A7. The application fee for SBI PO Recruitment is Rs 750/- for General/EWS/OBC candidates and Nil /- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Q9. How to apply for SBI PO Recruitment?
A9. Candidates can apply for SBI PO Recruitment through the official website of SBI. They need to fill the application form, pay the application fee and submit the form.
Q10. What is the exam date for SBI PO Recruitment?
A10. The exam date for SBI PO Recruitment November 2023